Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Gifted Challenges' Best Parenting Blog Posts

Each year, I have put together a "best of" list, sometimes including my own blog posts, those of others, or favorite articles I have seen over the past year.


This year, I thought I would honor parents and list some of the blog posts I have written specifically related to the challenges, victories and struggles faced by parents of gifted children. As the parent of two gifted children, I have been there! And as a clinical psychologist, I have witnessed the full spectrum of what so many parents experience.

Below is a list of some of the parenting posts. These posts are not about how to parent. Instead, they are focused on the feelings, reactions, and mixed emotions that affect so many parents of gifted children.

Tips for parents of gifted children: What most parents wish they had known

Guilty thoughts: What parents of gifted children really think

Stress management toolbox: Nine tips for parents of gifted children

Fearless advocacy: A day in the life of a gifted child's parent

Parenting an artistically talented child

What hidden emotions complicate parenting a gifted child?

Why aren't you advocating for your gifted child?

Countering misinformation: How parents can challenge stereotypes and misconceptions about giftedness

Your child is gifted: A parent's reaction

Thanks for visiting this blog. As always, your comments are welcome and much appreciated. I want to wish you and your family all the best for the coming year.

Gail

1 comment:

  1. It’s no wonder that a child is gifted for their parents and parenting is the happiest part of anyone's life. I have read your 3 articles mentioned here and these are really helpful for the parents. So if anybody like me searching for the parenting tips would certainly be grateful to your humorous writing. As always I want to give my child a better life style as me. But sometimes I feel that I am not able to accomplish this. I am not able to keep proper work life balance. I would be happy enough if you'll help me in this regard.
    Parenting Style

    ReplyDelete